VoiceChasers Login :: Register  
Home Database Community Events Shop Help Contact
Please register with us to participate in the forums and suggest updates to our
database via the links at the bottom of every voice actor and production page.

Who are your favorite voice actors?

View next topic
View previous topic
Dpm12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hello friends. I just wanted to know who your favorite voice actors are. These are mine:
Mel Blanc, Frank Welker, Seth MacFarlane, Billy West, Mark Hamill and Bill Farmer.

I became interested in voice acting and voice actors when I was in about sixth grade. I myself want to be a VO actor when I grow up. Anyway, who are YOUR favorite voice actors?
Comic_guy87

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Frank Welker, Mel Blanc, Jim Cummings, Billy West, Mark Hamill, Tom Kenny, Dee Bradley Baker, Rob Paulsen, Carlos Alazraqui, Dan Castellaneta, and Maurice LaMarche, I've also been a fan of voice acting since about the third or fourth grade I think it was either The Simpsons or Looney Tunes and I tried to put a name next to my favorite characters voices when I read the credits.
BigRed666

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Billy West Interview: http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.talkradiomeltdown.com/podcasts/4-5-11.mp3

Maurice LaMarche Interview: http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.talkradiomeltdown.com/podcasts/4-26-11.mp3
scottreyns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

People who I hang out with in forums who through conversation I find aren't just talented actors but also interesting conversationalists, with whom I've got some level of cultural chemistry.

Ever get really hooked on a given artist's work for a stint, build up this image of them of how cool, cultured, sophisticated and/or insightful they must be, and then maybe a couple years later find out that they're actually in your opinion kind of an idiot (at least compared to the fantasy pedestal you'd initially put them on in your own mind)? I hate that. After a couple rounds of it I gave up on paying too much attention to any particular artist's work, at least to the point of trying to read into whatever it might say about who they might be as people.

Inspirations? Everyone needs them. Favorites? I'm not so sure how useful they are. The idea of favoritism to me seems to lend itself to notions of who's best, and if we go that route... OK, that has its relevance as long as one probes it in terms of the best at what, exactly? Because there are a lot of different things that fall under the umbrella of VO.

Crystal
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

I actually felt kinda the same Scott . . . I was kinda worried about picking favorites and leaving people out.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic