VoiceChasers Login :: Register  
Home Database Community Events Shop Help Contact
Please register with us to participate in the forums and suggest updates to our
database via the links at the bottom of every voice actor and production page.

Let Us Know What You Think!

View next topic
View previous topic
Kristy Sproul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Now that the new Voice Chasers has been up for a week's time, we'd like to know what all of you think.

Have you encountered any problems (even if it's something small, it might be important to fix!)? Do you find it easy to navigate? Is there a feature you wish we had that, currently, we don't?

We'd like to hear from you!

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hello. First of all, I want to say that your website looks great!
I have a suggestion regarding the search engine. I think it would be good to be able to search in individual genre.

Let's say one only wants to see Scooby-Doo movies, then maybe one could be able to somehow specify that and thus only get more relevant search results.
Kristy Sproul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your feedback! That's perfectly doable. We could have a more specialized search page and/or create another option for "Genre" up in the search box. We'll put this on our enhancement list.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You're welcome! I'm happy that you liked my suggestion!
bolt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations on the new look!
I've been a long time fan of the site, and I have bee looking forward to the new facelift!
It looks and feels allot bigger than your previous version. But I have one suggestion, could you break the list of productions down? So, like the older site, cartoons, films, video games etc are grouped together.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

bolt wrote:
Congratulations on the new look!
I've been a long time fan of the site, and I have bee looking forward to the new facelift!
It looks and feels allot bigger than your previous version. But I have one suggestion, could you break the list of productions down? So, like the older site, cartoons, films, video games etc are grouped together.

Thanks! We definitely are a lot bigger this time around, and since it's a handy-dandy relational database, it's a lot easier to do the cross-referencing. Smile

A good suggestion! With the database the way it is, that might be a little tricky to do... however, like GoofyFan suggested above, we can implement a search by Genre and possibly even a browse feature the same way (though there are a lot more genres this time around).

The "Events" listing (upcoming public appearances) should be up shortly, as soon as I get some time to work on the UI for it. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What ever happened to the section for ad voice-overs? Did I miss it? Where is it?

-Ted
P.S. Great site for the most underappreciated performers in show business!
Kristy Sproul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Teck wrote:
What ever happened to the section for ad voice-overs? Did I miss it? Where is it?

Hi, Ted. Thanks!

Things are organized a little differently now. Unless I misunderstood you, if you go to the "Browse" area, you should be able to look in the "Commercials" genre to find what you're looking for.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you should go in more detail about some of the plays I have a lott of stuff I Pokémon Live1 that you did not add.

Pokémon Princess's LiveJournal
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Mary McKitrick

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't always remember to come over here but when I do I always find something of great value. Thanks to the notice about Animation Now, which happened to be on a day that I was in NYC, I was able to get myself a ticket and saw a wonderful show that included numerous interesting people in the animated film biz (my favorite: Nick Park, the creator of Wallace & Gromit and Chicken Run). We also got sneak peeks at some upcoming films that are still in the story board phase, as well as a sizeable chunk of footage of Madagascar. A delightful and inspiring afternoon!

I also really, really appreciate all the leg work that Kristy and James put into finding articles of great interest to VO actors. Thank-you so much!

Mary

Kristy Sproul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mary McKitrick wrote:
I don't always remember to come over here but when I do I always find something of great value. Thanks to the notice about Animation Now, which happened to be on a day that I was in NYC, I was able to get myself a ticket and saw a wonderful show that included numerous interesting people in the animated film biz (my favorite: Nick Park, the creator of Wallace & Gromit and Chicken Run). We also got sneak peeks at some upcoming films that are still in the story board phase, as well as a sizeable chunk of footage of Madagascar. A delightful and inspiring afternoon!

Hi, Mary! I'm so glad you were able to catch the Animation Now event. There was a brief moment where I was considering buying a ticket to fly up there and attend, but then decided against it at the last minute. I bet it was great seeing Nick Park in person!! Any scoops about the films coming up?

Thanks for the report! I'm glad to know the news items are helpful. Cool

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, yes... Jerry Seinfeld is working on a movie called Bee Movie, about bees in which he plays the role of Barry, the first bee to discover that humans eat honey. He befriends a human female named Vanessa (Renee Zellweger) and goes on an odyssey of sorts to discover where humans are getting their honey. It looks very good but we won't see it until 2007. Tim Johnson is directing a film called Over the Hedge, which will star Bruce Willis as RJ the Raccoon; he and his friend Verne (a turtle) have to figure out how to cope with a new human housing development that is encroaching upon their wilderness. And Nick Park is at work on a new Wallace and Gromit movie called The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Don't know when these two movies are coming out. Park noted that a day of filming claymation yields about 3 seconds of film. Tim Johnson was there to talk about his movie, as was Jerry Seinfeld; Mike Myers, Justin Timberlake, and Chris Rock also graced the stage. Film composer Hans Zimmerman (Lion King) talked about the music for Madagascar.

Very fun.

Kristy Sproul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mary McKitrick wrote:
Well, yes... Jerry Seinfeld is working on a movie called Bee Movie, about bees in which he plays the role of Barry, the first bee to discover that humans eat honey. He befriends a human female named Vanessa (Renee Zellweger) and goes on an odyssey of sorts to discover where humans are getting their honey. It looks very good but we won't see it until 2007. Tim Johnson is directing a film called Over the Hedge, which will star Bruce Willis as RJ the Raccoon; he and his friend Verne (a turtle) have to figure out how to cope with a new human housing development that is encroaching upon their wilderness. And Nick Park is at work on a new Wallace and Gromit movie called The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Don't know when these two movies are coming out. Park noted that a day of filming claymation yields about 3 seconds of film. Tim Johnson was there to talk about his movie, as was Jerry Seinfeld; Mike Myers, Justin Timberlake, and Chris Rock also graced the stage. Film composer Hans Zimmerman (Lion King) talked about the music for Madagascar.

Hans Zimmer was there?! Oh, now I'm really regretting not going... I love Zimmer.

Very, very interesting stuff. I can't even imagine the amount of painstaking work that goes into doing claymation. A whole day for three seconds... that's incredible.

Thank you for sharing!!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic