VoiceChasers Login :: Register  
Home Database Community Events Shop Help Contact
Please register with us to participate in the forums and suggest updates to our
database via the links at the bottom of every voice actor and production page.

Call for Help

View next topic
View previous topic
Paean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hello folks. Thought I'd pass this on, as these people need some help. I got this from a friend of mine. I apologize if this has been posted already, but in case it hasn't kindly read on:

I came across this. The kid's parents are voice actors - Jason Lee and Amanda Winn Lee (Rei Ayanami, for starters). I enjoy their work, and for that reason if nothing else, I'd like to help - but from where I am, there's not much I can do. But I know a lot of people on this board are in the area, so I'm passing the message on. It might get me in trouble, but . . .If you can do something, or know someone around that can help, please try.

Platelet Donations Sought

We Need Some Help! (Those of you in LA at least, there's no real system for those out of town)

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to put a call out for Platelet Donors ASAP. For those of you that donšt know, my son Nicholas is battling Leukemia right now. He is recovering from his fourth round of chemo (and doing fairly well). He needs the platelets at various times during the recovery. Anyway, herešs where you come in.

We need platelet donations in the worst way. There is a big shortage right now at the hospital. Normally the Red Cross will supplement the needs, but the hurricanes have put quite the strain on that. One child today had to delay an operation because they had none to give her. Anyway, we need donors badly. The info is below. This is about the only time youšll see me ask for anything, and I appreciate all those who have helped already.

Platelet donation takes about 2 hours, which can fly by fast because they show you a movie during the procedure. The screening process is a little more stringent than whole blood so you might call ahead if you have doubts (whole blood is needed as well, but platelets are the priority). Anyone can donate platelets. You can give regardless of your blood type. It takes about 3-5 days turnaround after you give before he gets the donation, so take that into account. (Please note: You have to avoid aspirin/* for at least 36 hours prior to donating.) AND - be sure to mention NICHOLAS LEE when giving so that he gets credit for your donation.

Appointments are always a good idea, especially on Saturdays.
Parking is validated and you get a free coupon for the cafeteria. Thanks in advance.

Jason Lee

To Donate go to:
This is Nicholas

Childrenšs Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 660-2450 ask for blood donor center
http://www.childrenshospitalla.org/

This press release was posted on AnimeOnDVD.com on: 0000-00-00 00:00:00

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic