VoiceChasers Login :: Register  
Home Database Community Events Shop Help Contact
Please register with us to participate in the forums and suggest updates to our
database via the links at the bottom of every voice actor and production page.

Can I contribute news?

View next topic
View previous topic
Crystal
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes I learn about something voice-over related, but it doesn't get posted at the "Home" page. Is there anyway I could post anything or let you guys know what I learned of?

A. Leal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, Crystal! The news forum is basically staff only. However, as you've noticed, we're a small group and have our own preoccupations and such, so sometimes we do get behind (especially on obits). One way to submit news items is to send an e-mail to Kristy or myself (with a heading format like "NEWS:" and identifying the general gist and type (death, casting, book or film news, workshop or convention, etc.) The other way *might* be to just do a short post in one of the forums, and we can repost or reword it for the front page. I'll let our founder Kristy be the final word on this, of course. One final tip, if you do submit a news item, might be to specify or include a link to the website or wherever you heard the news. Also, you might want to include either you full name or username, so we can give you credit as our news contact! Hope this helps.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Kristy Sproul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

A. Leal wrote:
Hi, Crystal! The news forum is basically staff only. However, as you've noticed, we're a small group and have our own preoccupations and such, so sometimes we do get behind (especially on obits). One way to submit news items is to send an e-mail to Kristy or myself (with a heading format like "NEWS:" and identifying the general gist and type (death, casting, book or film news, workshop or convention, etc.) The other way *might* be to just do a short post in one of the forums, and we can repost or reword it for the front page. I'll let our founder Kristy be the final word on this, of course. One final tip, if you do submit a news item, might be to specify or include a link to the website or wherever you heard the news. Also, you might want to include either you full name or username, so we can give you credit as our news contact! Hope this helps.

Yep! That sounds like a good solution. Crystal, feel free to email either of us, or you can send the news item directly to submit@voicechasers.com (with the header NEWS: like Andrew suggested). Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am unsure how to put this, but there are a few Voice Actors who also do narators on other type of media like audio books, I am not sure were they would go or if your database would like that kinda of information. Please let me know. Thanks. Embarassed sorry about the spelling sometime I know what I want to say just don't quite know how to spell the word or words I am looking for.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GinnyStar wrote:
I am unsure how to put this, but there are a few Voice Actors who also do narators on other type of media like audio books, I am not sure were they would go or if your database would like that kinda of information. Please let me know. Thanks. Embarassed sorry about the spelling sometime I know what I want to say just don't quite know how to spell the word or words I am looking for.

We do include audio book narrations in our database. You can send them directly to me, or use the forms at the bottom of each voice actor/production page (when you're logged in).

Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like the news/front page is kinda behind. I"m surprised Peter Fernandez' death hasn't been announced, or Billy West being interviewed on NPR. I'd imagine who's gonna be at Comic Con would be one as well, but that's kinda old news now.

Kristy Sproul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Crystal wrote:
It seems like the news/front page is kinda behind. I"m surprised Peter Fernandez' death hasn't been announced, or Billy West being interviewed on NPR. I'd imagine who's gonna be at Comic Con would be one as well, but that's kinda old news now.

My fault. Life (especially work) hasn't given me much time for reporting. I'm hoping things will quiet down this week.

Sorry for the lag.

Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You can also PM Kristy as well. Works just as well as I have found out.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic