VoiceChasers Login :: Register  
Home Database Community Events Shop Help Contact
Please register with us to participate in the forums and suggest updates to our
database via the links at the bottom of every voice actor and production page.

Birthdays?

View next topic
View previous topic
Crystal
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Does the sidebar at the homepage only post birthdays of living voice actors? Everytime I click on that sidebar, I don't recall it ever listing the death of a person. I go to this site almost every day, and one of my favorite deceased voice actresses, Mary Kay Bergman's, birthday was a few weeks ago, but I don't think it listed her on the side (I think that, although I can't remember, I visited the site that day). Does this site list dead voice actors' birthdays or not?

Kristy Sproul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Crystal wrote:
Does the sidebar at the homepage only post birthdays of living voice actors? Everytime I click on that sidebar, I don't recall it ever listing the death of a person. I go to this site almost every day, and one of my favorite deceased voice actresses, Mary Kay Bergman's, birthday was a few weeks ago, but I don't think it listed her on the side (I think that, although I can't remember, I visited the site that day). Does this site list dead voice actors' birthdays or not?

Hi, Crystal!

Yes, that's correct. It only lists living actors in that little box there. Smile

I miss MKB a whole lot, too...

Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a reason for that? I know IMDB lists famous people who are dead on the side.

A. Leal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Belated response, Crystal, but I believe the software is programmed only to register living people. I can understand wanting to see the birthday of a favorite voice actor, living or dead, but I don't think IMDb's approach works for us, unless we change the text, since it seems odd to wish "Happy birthday!" to deceased actors, however much we admire them. Most of the living ones probably won't see it either, but it's a nice sentiment.

It also makes it easier, when you see an elderly voice actor's name, to keep you from thinking "Are they still alive?" Because if they're there, then yes, they are. Even if they're over 100 like Charles Lane.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic