VoiceChasers Login :: Register  
Home Database Community Events Shop Help Contact
Please register with us to participate in the forums and suggest updates to our
database via the links at the bottom of every voice actor and production page.

search problem

View next topic
View previous topic
teknomage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've discovered the search engine won't always find things that are here... I just searched for dana delaney, and no results were found. then I searched for superman, and no results were found. then I searched for tim daly, who was found, and there was a link on his page for superman the animated series, and there was a link on that page for Dana Delaney... if these pages exist, why didn't the search engine find them?

edit: I just discovered why superman didn't work: it's cuz I had the search set to actor instead of production. But I still don't know why it didn't find Dana Delaney.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Kristy Sproul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

teknomage wrote:
I've discovered the search engine won't always find things that are here... I just searched for dana delaney, and no results were found. then I searched for superman, and no results were found. then I searched for tim daly, who was found, and there was a link on his page for superman the animated series, and there was a link on that page for Dana Delaney... if these pages exist, why didn't the search engine find them?

edit: I just discovered why superman didn't work: it's cuz I had the search set to actor instead of production. But I still don't know why it didn't find Dana Delaney.

Ah, it's because you're putting an E in her last name. The less you try to search for, the better... Try searching for 'Dana' .. Dana Delany will show up in the results.

Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

wow... I could've sworn it had an e... in fact I thought I typed it into wikipedia without an e and it redirected me to a page with an e, but apparently i got that backwards...

my brain is a hazardous place to live, i tell you....
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic