VoiceChasers Login :: Register  
Home Database Community Events Shop Help Contact
Please register with us to participate in the forums and suggest updates to our
database via the links at the bottom of every voice actor and production page.

Hello from Charleston, SC

View next topic
View previous topic
Wherescarl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Good day everyone. I'm Carl and I'm a VO in Charleston, SC. That's why the subject line makes so much sense. I am the President of Expresso Productions, a full line VO service (Shhh...Don't tell anyone but EXP is a studio I put together in a spare room). The long term goal is an actual World Headquarters with VO suites, Scoring and Foley Studios and digital multi-media everything, except the coffee pot because that would just be weird.

I am also the president and founder of the Carolina Association of Voice Artists, a professional association dedicated to advancing the art and science of Voice Acting and Voice Over. I've just started so the blog is in need of some attention, but that's coming. If you are a VO in either of the Carolinas and are interested in helping or joining, email me at cavacharleston (at) gmail.com or wherescarl (at) hotmail.com the blog is at www.wearecava.blogspot.com

Oh, I'm a native of Tampa, FL but grew up in Bradenton and have been in Charleston since I filed for divorce from the US Navy. They are nice bunch of folks but it just wasn't working out, all that arrggg, land ho, ahoy matey and such....

Life is grand and business is good. Glad to be hear and hope to share some and learn more.[/url]

Kristy Sproul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, Carl! So glad to have you here.

I'm originally from Orlando, so not too far from where you once were! Personally, I'm glad to be out of the heat. Smile

Going to check out your blog. See you around the boards!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

I just started a website at
http://www.expressoproductions.bravehost.com.

I'm no web builder so could I turn to you for assistance on altering their template?

I had to choose a stock template and I'd like to add the picture to the top banner to the right of Expresso Productions and change the font to Red Circle, the font for Eight O'Clock Coffee.

Is that hard to do if I don't know HTML or CSS?

Anyway, thanks for introducing yourself, that was very kind. Love the way you display your kids ages, that's brilliant.

Have a great day....Carl

Kristy Sproul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wherescarl wrote:
I had to choose a stock template and I'd like to add the picture to the top banner to the right of Expresso Productions and change the font to Red Circle, the font for Eight O'Clock Coffee.

Is that hard to do if I don't know HTML or CSS?

Hi Carl,

Honestly, I'm not too familiar with Bravehost and their restrictions on what's editable and what's not.

Changing the font and adding an image wouldn't be too hard, if the template allows. Just remember that if folks don't have the font locally on their machine, they won't be able to see the font like you do. It's best to use a font that's fairly common like Arial, Helvetica, Courier, or Verdana. If you're only looking to change the font for the title, it'd probably be easier to just make it an image instead of text.

You're welcome to contact me directly, if you'd like, either via PM on the board or kristy -at- voicechasers -dot- com.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic